Saturday 7 February 2009

Exploding Box - Buttercups & Daisies

This box was a little bit of playtime for me. It's the only one that I managed to take photographs of during the 'design/making process' - I'll be doing more of this in future.

CLICK ON IMAGES TO SEE THEM IN MORE DETAIL






Box Design and construction details
  • Panels
    Sky - pale blue card chalked with blue.
    Grass - lime green card, chalked, torn and cut.




  • Bee Hive - stamped using a stamp I designed.
  • I stamped the single image three times.
    Roughly pencilled in where I wanted the tags.
    Cut out.
    Glued the tags together to dimension the hive.

  • BeesFrom the same stamp set I stamped the bees onto acetate using Stazon Black ink.
    Crystal glittered the wings.
    Cut each bee out.
    I stamped again onto lightweight card.
    Using markers I then coloured the bodies.
    Glittered the black with black holographic glitter.
    Cut out the bodies.
    Glued the bodies to the acetate bees.

  • FlowersMade using a small daisy punch and a five petal flower punch.
    The daisy is constructed from two punch-outs, layered together.
    The small flower is dimensioned using the same technique as my earlier box 'Violets'
I never glue anything down until I've played with the positioning of all the elements I'm going to use. Once I'm happy it's glue time!


Thanks for visiting -

7 comments:

  1. Honestly, I just staring at the screen taking in every bit of detail. It never ceases to amaze me. . .can you tell me what the dimensions are and where to score? As well as for the lid? I would certainly love to try one of these. Mine could never be as beautiful as yours, but I'd still love to try one. Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely lovely and delightful too! I am just amazed at your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the colors and whimsical scenes you create inside these wonderful 'exploding' boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to your blog from the link in the comment you left on mine (Mainly Flowers), and I am completely entranced and in awe of these beautiful creations of yours. I don't have time right now to look at everything, but have bookmarked and will be back when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what weight of paper used for boxes?
    At tight cardboard glued all the applications? I understood correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. wow.. wow.. your boxes are sooo beautiful..
    Hugs, Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! All of your exploding boxes are amazing! Found your blog via Pinterest.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really appreciate you taking the time!
Elaine X